Lily Hilman Sutanto - Indonesia
Although Lily Sutanto is armed with a University degree, her interest and passion with flowers overtook her path to being dedicated to the art of floral designing. Consequently, her love for floral designing led to her becoming an instructor so that she would be able to share the world of floristry to others.
Lily is also actively involved as a member of Indonesian Presidential Palace Decorator for Independence Day and is a Vice-President of Indonesian Floral Society (Ikatan Perangkai Bunga Indonesia) since 2011. Other positions include Vice-President of Ikebana Ikenobo Society (Indonesia) term 2008 to 2011, Committee member of World Flower Council and Ikebana International. Another feather to her cap is the appointment as floral judge for TMII in April 2013.
Education and training in floristry:
- Indonesian National Floristry Certificates (basic, intermediate and advanced level)
- lnternational certificates from Gregor Lersch, Aad Uvflen, Damien Koh
- Indonesian certificates for teaching as well as judging
- Certificates of Professor 2nd grade for lkebana lkenobo from Kyoto, Japan
Active Instructor at the following:
- Newline Education Centre, Jakarta since 2009
- Jakarta Floristry Creative Centre since 2007
- Santa Ursula National School, Jakarta since 2011
- CreativeWorkz, Singapore since 2012
- 1st Prize at lndonesian Floral Competition of Department of Agriculture & Horticulture
- Merit Prize (Professional category), 5th International FDSS Cup Floral Designing Competition 2006, Singapore.
Teresa Maria Ineke Turangan AIFD – Indonesia
Starting to learn flowers in 1988 with IKEBANA, since then intensively studying about flower
arrangement around the world: SINGAPORE, MACAU, BEIJING, HOLLAND/NETHERLAND,
GERMANY, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and AUSTRALIA.
- National Award Prize “Kreasi National Karya Anak Bangsa”, Jakarta, September 2000
- First prize, Secound Runner up and, Runner up of ‘Internationl Flora Show’ Jakarta November 2000
- Second Runner Up “SENTEK CUP FLOWER FESTIVAL” Singapore, September 2001
- First winner to represent Indonesia for the Exhibition competition in Floriade, Holland, May 2002
- Merit Prize Award of the 3rd FDSS CUP COMPETITION, Professional category, Singapore August 2003
- AIFD Evaluation Program July 2006, Inauguration in Palm Dessert, California in July 2007.
- One of the Founder of NEWLINE FLORAL EDUCATION CENTRE, one of the best school of flower arrangement in Jakarta.
- Since August 1999 in charge for the INDONESIA INDEPENENCE DAY at the State Palace for the flower ecoration, with others from all over the country.
- 2008 become a contributor for “Fusion Flower” Magazine: The Innovation in Contemporary Floral Designer, one of the best magazine from Scotland, England.
- 2007 participation in The “International Annual Flora Art” collection of the InternationalFloral Designer that published in Begium.
Andy Djati Utomo S.Sn AIFD – Indonesia
Andy Djati Utomo was born on January 15, 1977 in Semarang, Indonesia. Since teenager, he
already knew what he wanted to become, namely a floral designer. After completed his formal
education as Interior Designer in Trisakti University, he learned more seriously in floral art and
traveled to some countries to educate himself.
Andy Djati Utomo has been in the floral industries for over 13 years. In 1997, in the age of 20, he already won Indonesian national floral arranging competition. As a young floral designer, now he is a leading floral designer in Indonesia.
Throughout his distinguished career in the industry he joined several exhibitions, both locally and internationally. He conducted demonstrations for the amateurs as well as the professionals and these has taken him to major cities in Indonesia and some countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, China, and Korea. He has traveled extensively for major floral events as demonstrator, lecturer, exhibitor, judge and designer. He also represented Indonesia in some International Floral event like Floral Star in Macau in 2005, 1st Asian Floral Designers Union in Korea, 2006 , Hong Kong Flower Show on March 2008, and World Flower Council summit meeting in Macau on September 2008
Andy is well versed in a variety of floral art design forms including European Floral Art, Modern Floral Design, Commercial Floral Design and Ikebana Floral Art. His unique and creative designs have been featured in International Florist publications, such as International Annual Floral Art 06/07 (Belgium Publishing), Fusion Flowers Magazine (Scotland-United Kingdom), and Today Floral Magazine (Korea).
Recently he won silver award in Singapore Garden Festival 2008 and bronze leaf award from Stichting Kunsboek International floral Art 08 – 09, Belgium
Andy is a President for Indonesian Flower Arranger Association ( Ikatan perangkai bunga Indonesia – IPBI ) and member of some local and International Floral Organizations like:
- American Institute of Floral Designers
- World Flower Council
- Ikebana International
- Floral Designers Society of Singapore
- Indonesian Flower Association (Asbindo)
- Ikebana Ikenobo Society of Indonesia (Perhimpunan Ikebana Ikenobo Indonesia – PIII)